About the venue
The International Convention Centre (ICC Sydney) opened its doors in December 2016 as Australia’s first fully-integrated harbourside convention, exhibition and entertainment venue with convenient access to Australia’s most cosmopolitan city.
ICC Sydney is part of a socially responsible and environmentally sensitive convention, exhibition and entertainment precinct.
Key sustainability facts:
- Darling Harbour Live is registered with the internationally recognised US Green Building Council for LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design), and is set to achieve a Gold Certification
- A target to save 20% of greenhouse gas emissions compared to the Building Code of Australia standard
- Target 14% reduction in potable water use (reference to Australian Standard AS/NZ:500.1.2003 100%mains water)
- Solar hot water servicing the commercial kitchens
- Improved east west pedestrian connections between Darling Harbour and neighbouring precincts of Chinatown, Town Hall, Central, Ultimo and Pyrmont
- New 680m long, 20m wide Boulevard connecting Darling Harbour to Quay Street
- Encourage cycling with designated bike track and end of trip facilities
- 3000sqm more public space at Tumbalong Park
- 90% construction waste recycling target
- 75% operational waste recycling target
To find out more download our Sustainability Highlights document here.
ICC Sydney has equitable and step-free access to every conference, exhibition and entertainment venue. More information around ICC Sydney’s accessibility can be found in the full accessibility guide on their website.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Sustainability is at the core of ICC Sydney’s business practices. They have adopted the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals to ensure they are part of a united global conversation. Their sustainability initiatives along with:
- Decent work and economic growth
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Partnerships for the goals
More information about ICC Sydney’s Corporate Social Responsibility can be found on their website.